[openbox] patch to reload _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property when it changes

Daniel Erat dan-openbox at erat.org
Fri Jul 24 17:48:22 EDT 2009

The Chrome web browser has a feature where it draws its own window
decorations.  When this setting is toggled, Chrome calls
gtk_window_set_decorated(), which makes GTK change the window's
requested decorated state via the _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property.  Openbox
honors this property on new windows but doesn't currently reload it in
response to PropertyNotify events, so already-open windows don't get
updated when the setting is changed.  The attached patch "fixes" this
(I use quotes because I can't find any specs describing how
_MOTIF_WM_HINTS is supposed to be applied, although I've confirmed
that both Metacity and Compiz reload it when it changes).