[openbox] Remove the Run box from the Applications Menu?

Ray Haque rayhaque at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 19:14:42 EST 2009

Sorry for the confusion.  I am running LXDE as an actual Window
manager, which seems to rely on openbox for most of it's interfacing
to X.  But then I am speaking on what I have figured out by toying
around, so I may be full of beans!

I would have posted this to an LXDE discussion but from looking at
forums on LXDE they seemed to point back to openbox for these kinds of
questions.

> Do you even need to use openbox? Can't you make a runscript that will start
> X (without openbox), then run seamonkey in it without a WM, and will power
> off the PC if seamonkey is closed?

I suppose I could, but it's nice to have a Windows-ish interface that
I can theme to the stores needs.  And if they want to expand upon it,
it will be easy for me or anyone else to add to.

> PS: Did you remember to disable Ctrl + Alt + #, or at least remove the tty
> sessions?

I removed them, and gave myself an uber-secret keystroke combo to pull
up a terminal.  :-D

--
Ray Dios Haque
ODDREE Editor