Remove the Run box from the Applications Menu?

Ray Haque rayhaque at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:41:31 EST 2009

Hello all,

I am building a low-profile desktop image for a friend of mine who
wants a "kiosk" style PC which just allows a user to bring up a
specific web page.  I have removed all the hidden keybindings,
shortcuts, etc. so that all that they can see to run is Seamonkey.

HOWEVER, I cannot for the life of me find a way to remove the Run box
from the Applications menu.  Is there a .desktop file for that it
/usr/share/applications?  There are a couple left in there which I
have not moved away, but they don't seem to have anything to do with
the Run option.

Also - another "annoyance" is the My Documents shortcut on the
desktop.  I don't want it there because it opens up the file manager,
and I am trying not to give the user any easy ways to screw things up.
 ;-)

Thanks folks!,
--
Ray Dios Haque