Self focus moves window to current desktop.

Andrew Taylor andy at benow.ca
Thu Feb 19 20:41:16 EST 2009

Heyas.

OB is nearly perfect, imo, but one thorn compared to metacity is
handling of self focussing windows.  I'm running into this when
developing with eclipse.  I set a breakpoint within eclipse and move to
another desktop to use firefox to browse the webapp in development.
When the breakpoint is hit, eclipse gains focus and is moved to the
current desktop.  This is a PITA, because I end up with too many windows
on the one desktop.  When the same occurs in metacity, the desktop
containing the window to be focussed is selected and then the window is
focussed.  The window stays on the desktop it was originally, and not
moved to the current desktop.  Is there a way to configure this
behaviour in OB?

Thanks,

Andy