[openbox] Submenu hide delay

Alexey Korop akorop at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 21:43:57 EST 2009

18 Dec 2009 Dana Jansens wrote

> I present to you all Openbox version 3.4.9.
> And lastly, Openbox menus should be a little more friendly now, as
> submenus do not hide immediately anymore, allowing you to skip across
> items in a menu in order to reach the submenu.

    Sorry, but Your implementation (that is not based on the my patch)
not is good.
    The sense of this feature is a possibility of a "diagonal" mouse
movement from parent menu entry to the desired submenu entry across one
or more another parent menu entries. But in Your implementation in this
case the submenu after delay is hided regardless the pointer is in this
submenu. This is a shocking behavior.
    What is more, in some case after "diagonal" mouse movement Openbox
crash.
    And it is strange that the submenu show delay is configurable but
the submenu hide delay is hard coded as equal to the submenu show delay.

    I think that it is a bad idea to include this strange and untested
feature to the 3.4.x branch.

---------

    What useful I may do now?

Yours truly Alexey