[openbox] new menus won't appear

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 06:49:26 EDT 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:48:35 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/8/5 Renato <rennabh at gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> > If I add a new menu to the highest level, it won't appear. It will
> > work ok if I add it as a submenu, i.e. under an allready existing
> > menu. This happens both editing menu.xml or using obmenu.
> > Restarting openbox makes no change.
> >
> > any hints?
>
> Sorry, I'm not psychic. Please post your menu.xml file and explain
> what you did, and what you expected it to do.

Attached is my menu.xml. I did minor changes to it from the default,
changing some keybindings and adding some menu items.

What I want to do is: add new menus at the highest level. The default
here for me are Accessories, Editors, Graphics and others, I would like
to add a menu Audio at the same level as those (highest), but if I try
adding a new menu it won't show up.

sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my first mail.

btw I'm on arch linux

Renato