forbid raising on a per-app basis

Tanjeff-Nicolai Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Tue Sep 23 07:27:20 EDT 2008

Is it possible to forbid certain apps (via per-app settings) raising
their windows? Of course, I want to be able to raise these windows
myself by clicking the title bar. But the app itself should not do that.

Background:

I want to use rdesktop in seamless mode to map Windows(tm)
applications into my window management. However, I use
focus-follows-mouse, so that these windows receive focus when I hover
the mouse over them (as all windows do, of course). But the windows of
the Windows(tm) apps raise themselves when receiving focus. This
uncool even when using click-to-focus, as I like to work with partly
covered windows.

Tanjeff