Wrong focus when DnD with focus-follows-mouse

Tanjeff-Nicolai Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Wed Sep 3 11:46:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

I use the focus-follows-mouse policy. When I DnD something from
window into another, my mouse will end up at a position in the "new"
window, but focus is still in the "old" window. To move the focus into
the "new" window I have to move the mouse out of the Window and back
into it (or do Alt+Click).

I experienced a similar problem with context menus. When a context menu
of a focused window partly covers another, unfocused window, I can move
the mouse into the unfocused window (without closing the context menu),
then click. The click will close the context menu. The mouse is now in
the unfocused window, but the focus didn't change.

Is there a solution for that, e.g. a strict "focus-under-mouse"
behaviour?

Tanjeff