[openbox] How do I hide Conky sessions from showing up in PyPanel?

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Thu Nov 13 11:44:50 EST 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:23:09 -0500
"Richard Querin" <rfquerin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Openbox on Hardy with two Conky instances and PyPanel.
> When I add Conky to the list of 'hidden' applications in the pypanel
> configuration file, everything gets screwed up for some reason. The
> whole panel (except for the system tray I believe) disappears and the
> panel get's centred on the desktop - it's supposed to be at the
> bottom.
>
> As soon as I remove Conky from the hidden applications list, it works
> fine.
>
> I just don't want those two conky sessions showing up on the pypanel
> as running tasks. Anybody know how to achieve this? Maybe switching to
> something like fbpanel or lxpanel would be better? Anybody got any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> RQ
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe, send a blank email to openbox-unsubscribe at icculus.org

I could be wrong, but I think this has more to do with your .conkyrc
file as opposed to pypanel config file.

Some settings from my own .conkyrc file which may, or may not help:

    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type desktop
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

Hope these help.

Cheers
--
Philip