[openbox] Error Message after exiting Openbox

Mikael Magnusson lists at bak.och.fr.am
Sat Nov 8 15:04:41 EST 2008

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, Kent Frazier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> New user here. I'm am installing Arch Linux following their Beginners
> Guide. I have just completed installing Openbox and get the following
> error message after exiting back to the console.
>
> [code]
>
> (openbox:4382): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_destroy: assertion
> 'hash_table != "NULL' failed
>
> (openbox:4382): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_destroy: assertion
> 'hash_table != "NULL' failed
>
> (openbox:4382): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_destroy: assertion
> 'hash_table != "NULL' failed
>
> [\code]
>
> The numbers change after each exit, but the other information stays the same.
>
> I'm starting X from the console with "startx" and the contents of my
> .xinitrc are "exec openbox".
>
> Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to continue with my
> install before this is resolved. I have posted to the Arch Linux
> forums on 30 October, but haven't received any reply.

This started showing up with recent versions of glib. It should be
completely harmless though, as it is printed when openbox exits. I tried
adding checks for the argument before calling g_hash_table_destroy but it
didn't change anything, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but it
shouldn't affect the operation of openbox in any way.

--
Mikael Magnusson