[openbox] how to skip ToggleShowDesktop ?

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 17:24:37 EST 2008

--- On Tue, 11/4/08, Giorgio Lando <lando at imap.cc> wrote:

> From: Giorgio Lando <lando at imap.cc>
> Subject: [openbox] how to skip ToggleShowDesktop ?
> To: openbox at icculus.org
> Date: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 1:21 PM
> Hi, I am an happy new user of openbox.
>
> Does someone know if it is possible for a client not to be
> minimized
> when a ToggleShowDesktop is performed? The problem is
> patent in lxpanel,
> where an applet just call ToggleShowDesktop and, as a
> consequence, also
> the panel itself is minimized, so that it is not easy to

When I go and look up th ToggleShowDesktop option I find that it acts on windows.
If that is accurate, then lxpanel would be seen by openbox as a window rather than a panel.

I went and looked up the lxpanel configuration just to see if there was an option for type.
The closest that I found was setdocktype (from http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel ).

If your's is set to zero rather than one, then lxpanel may be reporting itself to openbox as a window, rather than as a dock.  This is just a guess, cuz, I've never really used the function myself.

HTH

Knute