[openbox] Keybinds

Ben Price ben.r.price at btinternet.com
Mon May 5 16:37:17 EDT 2008

Thanks all, for the speedy and helpful replies.

on 05/05/2008 3:44 PM Parminder Gupta wrote: Hi Ben,

Take a look at xmodmap. You create a .xmodmap.conf file where you define
functions for your multimedia keys. For example on my machine 230 is the
keycode shown by xev for my volume key. so you have

keycode 230 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume

then in your .xinitrc file specify this line before exec openbox :

xmodmap .xmodmap.conf &

then you can bind your keys in openbox_rc.xml

Hope this helps.