Mouse-wheel desktop switching (possible feature request?)

Filip Wojciechowski fwojciec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:22:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

This is a tiny problem I have when using my laptop.  I have it set up
so that sliding a finger along the horizontal (right) edge of the
touchpad imitates the mouse-wheel and enables scrolling.  However,
this kind of scrolling cannot be used to switch desktops comfortably,
because the touchpad is too sensitive (a movement of 1mm is enough to
switch the desktop, but in practice it is easier to rotate through all
the desktops three times over than to switch to the next one).

Beryl, when I last used it a while back, had a configuration option
that enabled the user to set the number of mouse-wheel rotations
necessary to switch the desktop, so I could set it to 10 or so, which
made desktop switching with the touchpad work very nicely on my
laptop.  Is there any way to achieve a similar effect with Openbox?
Or could something like this be added as a feature (so that this could
could be configured from rc.xml)?

Thanks,
Filip Wojciechowski