[openbox] menu overlap issue [SOLVED]

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 02:44:17 EDT 2008

--- Knute <knuteh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Mikael Magnusson <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:
> > >

> > Also, what version of openbox are you using?
> >

> It is in the screenshot, but it's :
>  11:05PM % openbox --version
> Openbox 3.4.7-pre2

I fixed it.  Still don't know what else was going on...

Anyway, this evening, the desktop kinda stopped, so I had to
<Ctrl><Alt><Backspace> out of X, and then I logged all the way out....

I never log into X, always the console.

... and then when I logged back in, the menus were doing what they were
supposed to with menu.overlap.x  and menu.overlap.y .... and even the
separators were set ...  not how I had intended, but it was extreme
enough that I noticed!  :)

Normally when I'm dinking with my theme file, all I have to do is
reconfigure and the changes take effect.  What is happening where these
aren't taking effect without restarting?

Hrmmm.... Well,  I just played with the theme again and it's working
now.  (Never thought that I would have to remind myself of the 3 R's of
Microsoft tech support.. *shudder*)

Knute