[openbox] mplayer in fullscreen has outline still visible

Clay Barnes clay at hci-matters.com
Mon Mar 10 15:20:41 EDT 2008

On 13:00 Mon 10 Mar     , Dana Jansens wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Clay Barnes <clay at hci-matters.com> wrote:
> > On 11:15 Mon 10 Mar     , Mike Hokenson wrote:
> >  >
> >  > On Monday, March 10, 2008 at 09:09AM, Clay Barnes wrote:
> >  >>> It does, remove this line from .mplayer/config, or change it to just
> >  >>> fullscreen:
> >  >>> fstype = above,fullscreen       # Make fullscreen set the right hints
> >  >>
> >  >> I tried both removing the line and changing it, but I get the same
> >  >> effect.
>
> Is vo=x11 different from vo=xv?  Maybe it makes itself fullscreen in a
> weird way?  I can't experiment with anything right now.

I tried xv, x11, gl, gl2, sdl, and pretty much all the others (the
ones I am not listing didn't even show a video window or were not for
X).  Only sdl did the right thing (didn't draw a little border on the
N&W edges).  I'm not sure whether this is a bug in OB3 or mplayer.

--
Clay Barnes

Website:
http://www.hci-matters.com

GPG Public Key (Fingerprint 0xbb14 fce2 1199 c413):
http://www.hci-matters.com/keys/claybarnes_public_key_until20080718.gpg