[openbox] Having transparency "issues"

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Jul 2 01:34:35 EDT 2008

Dave Foster wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
>> Is there a howto for that somewhere? I looked for information on how
>> to change the buttons but I couldn't find any.
>>
> Not sure of a howto, but grab a small program like gtk-chtheme which
> allows you to select from a list of installed gtk themes.  I think it
> operates by writing a $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 file which tells gtk which theme
> to use.

Thanks for that suggestion (and thanks to Dave too). I had tried the
lxappearance widget to change themes, and while that one is really
good for icon themes, it doesn't show you examples of what will change
with a gtk theme, so it didn't seem worth it to mess with that.

Now that I've tried gtk-chtheme I realize what I've been missing. :)
That does indeed make the buttons on lxpanel look more 21st century,
so I'll give that a ride for now I suppose.

Would still be nice to address the transparency problem ...

Doug