[openbox] Openbox and evdev don't play nice.

Ryan Tandy tarpman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 13:11:59 EST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 7:45 AM, Rafał Mużyło <galtgendo at o2.pl> wrote:
> Neither am I, but if your using Gentoo, evdev 1.2.0 and hal 0.5.10, you
> probably want to change `input.xkb.rules = 'base'` to `input.xkb.rules =
> 'evdev'` (that's done in the fdi file). Make sure no other program (i.e. Gnome, KDE, ROX) changes that.

Actually, that change breaks my keyboard even worse. :(

I'm still convinced it's openbox's fault - fluxbox and twm both work
with no extra configuration and no encouragement.  It's not that
there's something it's not changing so much as there's something it
*is* changing, because even in a raw X session with no WM everything
is OK.

Thanks,
Ryan