Openbox and evdev don't play nice.

Ryan Tandy tarpman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:27:33 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm still searching for a solution to the problem I documented in
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-605471.html .

In a nutshell: When I use evdev as my keyboard driver and launch
openbox from my ~/.xinitrc, some keystrokes are messed up as if I were
using the wrong xkb model (Up is PrtScr, End is Super_L, etc).  If I
call openbox --restart from a terminal once it's running, or initially
launch it from a terminal, things are fine.  Calling openbox --restart
in the xinitrc doesn't help.  I have sourced /etc/profile and
~/.bashrc in my xinitrc to see whether a difference in the environment
was causing problems, but it didn't change anything.

Can anyone think of what might be causing this?  I can of course
provide any other needed information.

Thanks,
Ryan