[openbox] menu.overlap

Sebastian Joseph cyberheroo at arcor.de
Tue Feb 19 13:17:46 EST 2008

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Knute wrote:
>
>> I just did a search for the theme option  menu.overlap.
>>
>> What I found was that it not only did overlap, but also vertical offset
>> with that one number.
>>
>> Would it possible to make that a two parameter option???
>>
>> such as:   menu.overlap: <horizontal offset> <vertical offset>
>>
>> both defaulting to 0
>>
>> [whine]I was wanting to have like 50 pixels offset, but have it aligned
>> with the menu option, and found it annoying that it would drop down a
>> line or two.[/whine]
>>
>> It would also give themes more flexibility.
>
> This has already been done in git and will be in the next release.
> menu.overlap.x: 5
> menu.overlap.y: -23
> will be the syntax. Of course they will default to the old menu.overlap.
>
> --
> Mikael Magnusson
>
> ---

Hi, I'm thinking about the coherence between this setting and the font
settings. Isn`t it like the user configured fonts in rc.xml. Small
resolution users are able to set their font size in the rc.xml and they
should be able to set or at least overwrite the theme overlapping settings.

Greetings

PS: Excuse my bad word choice, I've got just school englisch :D