[openbox] Singal 11 (Gentleman all your base are belong to us)

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Mon Feb 18 20:37:46 EST 2008

On 2/17/08, João Santiago <exalowprofile at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm unsure when this started happening.
> I use Arch Linux with pure OpenBox. Thunar is my file manager and when I try
> to empty the trash X crashes with the AYBABTU message from OpenBox. Same
> thing happens when trying to open grafburn.
>  I'm not seeing any real connection here, all other apps run just fine.
> What can it be? How can I debug it further?

First, you can figure out what version of Openbox you are running
(--version).  If you're not running the latest version, 3.4.6.1, then
you can upgrade and see what happens. :)

Second, you can get a backtrace for the crash.  There are a whole lot
of "how to get a backtrace" guides around on the internet, but you can
ask if something is confusing you still.  Basically you need to get
openbox to dump a core file, then use gdb to get a backtrace from the
core file.

Thirdly, you can open a bug report in our bugzilla so we can keep this
in mind and it won't get lost on us.

Thanks!
Dana