[openbox] Per-App Keybindings

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Sun Feb 10 11:00:20 EST 2008

On 2/10/08, Knute <knuteh at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  --- Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
>
>  > >  Since I don't want to have EVERY app that I send to that corner
>  > >  resized, I was curious about whether keybindings can be made
>  > >  app-specific al a fvmw?   I've searched the docs, and haven't
>  > found
>  > >  any, and went thru the archives back a few months, and didn't find
>  > >  anything about this.
>  > >
>  > >  Is it in the works? or implimented? or is this the first time it's
>  > been
>  > >  brought up?  :D
>  >
>  > Hey,
>  >
>  > This hasn't really been brought up that I recall but it is something
>  > I'm planning on doing.  That is, to be able to run an action on any
>  > window or set of windows.  I will do this sometime. :)
>  >
>  >
>  > Dana
>

> Just in thinking about it, it would seem that all the code is in place
>  for it.
>
>  I mean, you have the App recognition code already, and the keybinding
>  code.  It would seem that all that is needed is to add the
>  <application>blah</application>  tags to the keybindings.
>
>  Hrmmmm...  Maybe it's time to get source and see.  :)

Hm, I guess that would be one way to do it.  My idea is to have tags,
both static and dynamic.

That is.. you can define window Foo to be tagged Bar in the rc.xml
with per-app settings, but you can also use an action to tag/untag
windows on screen.

Then, the action would specify a tag which would go to any windows
tagged as such.  The tag could be shown in the titlebar I think.

dana