[openbox] Per-App Keybindings

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 10:56:34 EST 2008

--- Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

> >  Since I don't want to have EVERY app that I send to that corner
> >  resized, I was curious about whether keybindings can be made
> >  app-specific al a fvmw?   I've searched the docs, and haven't
> found
> >  any, and went thru the archives back a few months, and didn't find
> >  anything about this.
> >
> >  Is it in the works? or implimented? or is this the first time it's
> been
> >  brought up?  :D
>
> Hey,
>
> This hasn't really been brought up that I recall but it is something
> I'm planning on doing.  That is, to be able to run an action on any
> window or set of windows.  I will do this sometime. :)
>

> Dana

Just in thinking about it, it would seem that all the code is in place
for it.

I mean, you have the App recognition code already, and the keybinding
code.  It would seem that all that is needed is to add the
<application>blah</application>  tags to the keybindings.

Hrmmmm...  Maybe it's time to get source and see.  :)

Knute