[openbox] HCI-based suggestions for minor feature additions and behaviour updates

Clay Barnes clay at hci-matters.com
Fri Feb 1 02:30:26 EST 2008

On 07:52 Fri 01 Feb     , Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Clay Barnes wrote:
>
>> I've been playing with the new release of of OB (quality as usual!),
>> and I thought I'd make a few HCI suggestions for the next release.
>>
>> * First, linear menus are accessed far faster (more than double
>> speed), if, instead of aligning sub-menus with the top edge by the
>> super-menu entry that holds it, it is centered on said super-menu
>> entry.
>
> I'm only replying to this first point now because it's the easiest one,
> it's already implemented :).
> <menu>
>   <middle>yes</middle>
> </menu>

My last message was premature.  I can't seem to make this work and I
can't find evidence of it in the wiki besides once in the changelog.
rc.xml, then menu.xml, then both, then in various top-level <menu>
entries.  None of which worked.  Is there something I'm missing?  I am
using OB 3.4.5 and I did remember to reconfigure after each change.

--
Clay Barnes

Website:
http://www.hci-matters.com

GPG Public Key (Fingerprint 0xbb14 fce2 1199 c413):
http://www.hci-matters.com/keys/claybarnes_public_key_until20080718.gpg