conditionals in config?

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex+lists-openbox at apartia.org
Sun Dec 21 04:51:27 EST 2008

Hi,

I keep my rc.xml in subversion and deploy it on all my computers.

Is there a way to keep a single file and yet adapt it to fit several
profiles? For example on a certain laptop I prefer the multimedia keys
to manage a certain alsa device, while on another box I'd like te
keyboard shortcut to behave differently.

Sure I could keep several rc.xml.<computer_name> and make a symlink to
rc.xml, but I'd rather centralize my config in a single file if at all
possible. Alternatively a scheme where core configuration could be
#include'd from a customized rc.xml would fly, but I'm not sure it's
supported by openbox.

What better strategies exist out there?

Thanks for your insights,

--