XEmacs has lost its icons, help get them back, please

Henry S. Thompson ht at inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 10:27:35 EST 2008

I recently upgraded from 3.3.1 to 3.4 on a Scientific Linux box, no
desktop, just XOrg + openbox and pypanel.  Now my XEmacs windows have
the undistinguished window icon instead of the nice XE icon they had
before.  I see from the upgrade docs that this is a 'feature', but it
feels like a regression to me -- XEmacs certainly thinks it is
establishing an icon, what's going wrong?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks

ht
                         Half-time member of W3C Team
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht at inf.ed.ac.uk