[openbox] Re: My minimal theme

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 20:43:49 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:
> Doesn't look that much different from mine.
> http://johan.vromans.org/articles/MyDesktop/

Yep, simple is simple.  =)

I prefer flat titles and I don't like the loudness of boxes around my
title widgets.  I wonder if there's a way to draw a box around the
widgets only on mouseover/select.  That would be a good idea to
explore.

I also contemplated just removing the grip type stuff at the bottom of
windows, since they're useless and probably waste resources.  But
removing them completely still looks odd to me.

I like what you've done with your menus.  I haven't really given them
much thought, but I should.  So far I just got rid of my use of
MidnightBlue.. i think I'll go with more of Bear2's greys for menus.

I also redid the screenshots to use a grey background.  I'm still
hooked on the steelblue background myself.. there's just something
happy about that colour.  =)