[RELEASE] Openbox 3.4.7 and 3.4.7.1

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Wed Apr 16 11:55:48 EDT 2008

After three pre-releases I made some last minute breaking and released
3.4.7, soon after which I did some last minute unbreaking and released
3.4.7.1.

You can view all the detailed changes here:
http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Openbox:Changelog#3.4.7.1
and download it from here:
http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Openbox:Download

The change which I suspect will cause us the most trouble is that
_NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW now shows the window on the current desktop, so
pagers/panels should send a desktop change message first. Probably some of
them don't and people will send bug reports. Send them to the pager/panel
author instead please :).

Other user noticable changes include a new default window icon and prompt
windows that openbox will show on syntax errors. They can also be used to
ask for confirmation before exiting or running an execute action.

The default menu.xml file has been updated to be a bit more sensible and
hopefully includes more useful items now than before. Menus got some more
theme settings too, you can now customize the look of separator lines, and
the offset of submenus in the x- and y-dimension separately.

On the backend side, the Vertical, SplitVertical, Horizontal and Pyramid
gradients got some speed impromevents, and an icon cache was introduced to
reduce memory usage. Lots of small bugs were also fixed.

Have fun!

--
Mikael Magnusson