[openbox] focus followMouse issues with vmware

Mike Hokenson openbox at gozer.org
Fri Apr 4 15:22:25 EDT 2008

On Friday, April 04, 2008 at 09:01PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> Not sure if it's related, but I've been seeing focus issues off and
>> on for the last few months, maybe longer, where a quick motion
>> between a few windows (sometimes following a keyboard action, like
>> taking mplayer out of fullscreen) has resulted in an unfocused window
>> where the pointer is.
>
> This is by design, the <underMouse> option turns this feature off.

Not sure I understand, or maybe I miscommunicated something here. If I
have a grouping of 3-4 windows in a close area and move the mouse in a
quick circular motion, on occasion the mouse where the pointer is
doesn't get the focus. This was done more as a test after I noticed
windows sometimes not being focused when moving the mouse around between
windows in a more typical usage. The problem seems to happen more if
there's another action associated with the mouse movement, like taking
mplayer out of fullscreen and the mouse is moved to another window. My
desktop is very fixed, so I know where everything.

Mike