[openbox] ob 3.995, Gkrellm, xfce4-panel, and fbpager

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Wed May 30 18:36:20 EDT 2007

On 5/30/07, Peter N Spotts <pspotts at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> > Ya I noticed this sometime around the first 3.4 prerelease.  Gkrellm
> > doesn't "skip pager" or "skip tasklist" when it is configured to do
> > so, but the workaround is to do it via an <application> section in
> > your rc.xml.
>
> Well, lookie there. They even have the entry ready to go for me. All I
> have to do is uncomment!

Fwiw I got gkrellm to work.  There are all kinds of more bugs in it,
but this is the difference from Openbox 3.3

In winops-x11.c, they make this XSendEvent with the wrong mask. It
should be as it is below:

XSendEvent(GDK_DISPLAY(), GDK_ROOT_WINDOW(),
                   False,
SubstructureNotifyMask|SubstructureRedirectMask, &xev);

as per http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.4.html#id2453413

They use only SubstructureNotifyMask.

Dana