[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.994 released

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Sun May 27 17:59:47 EDT 2007

On 18:18 Fri 25 May     , Dana Jansens wrote:
> As a testament to the difficulty of making software releases, there
> was a little bug introduced in 3.3.993 that was causing some general
> mayhem.
>
> I have removed the 3.3.993 downloads, and created a new 3.3.994
> release with the bug fixed. The new packages are available for
> download here:
>
> http://openbox.org/index.php/Openbox:Download
>
> Sorry about that, please let us know your milage with .994, in case
> there was something more lurking in the background.
>
> Thanks,
> Dana

Okay, while re-reading the 3.4 release notes, I didn't see a
corresponding ResizeFromEdge action along with the MoveFromEdge
action.  How hard would that be to implement?  I would find the resize
more useful than the move, personally.

Another question I have---I'm not sure how to do application matching
for my situation.  I use terminal applications (mutt, elinks, cmus,
etc.) pretty much exclusively.  Is there a way to get my various urxvt
instances, runnning screen, running (mutt|elinks|cmus|.*) to end up on
particular desktops?

So far with the new system, I'm quite enjoying the changes (especially
my long-awaited chroot!).  I've also worked a long time on vi-styled
window managment (that pretty much eliminated my need for a
mouse---I've even gone weeks without having one even plugged in).  Is
there a place on the theme site for me to share my rc.xml?  I suspect
I'm not the only OB-using vi fan...

--
Clay Barnes