[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.994 released

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Fri May 25 20:35:09 EDT 2007

On 20:18 Fri 25 May     , Dana Jansens wrote:
> On 5/25/07, Clay Barnes <clay.barnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Well, I've looked through the docs I could find (as well as the source
> >tree) and I can't seem to locate how to undo a change in behaviour
> >between the old Etch package and the new rc.  Here's my xml snippet:
> >
> >  <keybind key="W-KP_0">        <action name="DesktopPrevious"/>
> ></keybind>
> >  <keybind key="W-comma">       <action name="DesktopPrevious"/>
> ></keybind>
> >  <keybind key="W-KP_Decimal">  <action name="DesktopNext"/>
> ></keybind>
> >  <keybind key="W-period">      <action name="DesktopNext"/>
> ></keybind>
> >
> >This section used to cycle through my desktops, showing each as I
> >crossed them (which helped in finding apps on other desktops).  Now I
> >have to let go of my Super key and go to a desktop to see it.
>
> That change was discussed in here:
> http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Help:Upgrading_to_3.4#Desktop_cycling_dialog

Oh.  Hm.  That's embarrassingly easy to find.  Sorry to spam the list.
I read that whole thing before I upgraded and somehow missed that
section.  Interesting issue the link in that section brings up.  I
assume that for the same reason, my peeking technique is impossible?

Also, there was a patch in the bugzilla to enable a theme setting that
hid all window decorations by default.  Did that make it into 3.4?  I
don't see any mention of it in the upgrade document, but it was
something I'd really like to see get into the mainline releases.

--
Clay Barnes