[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.990 (3.4 preview release)

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Tue May 22 16:40:05 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Keith W <n4phth4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> - When un-minimizing a window via a ROX-Filer pinboard icon the window
> is not focused; maybe this is an old behavior since I don't often use
> the pinboard and my brain's memory cache is about 8kB...
> - Various other focus quirks probably the result of new options I
> haven't figured out yet...

Further investigation has shown this...

FOCUS: Want to activate window 0x60001d with time 497010090 (last time
0), source=user allowing? 1
DEBUG: net_active_window for 0x800010 source=unknown
FOCUS: Want to activate window 0x800010 with time 136853600 (last time
0), source=user allowing? 1
DEBUG: Uniconifying window: 0x800010

The first one has a timestamp from an X event.  The second one is the
timestamp in the _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW request from Rox, when you click
on the icon in the pinboard. I'm not sure if they are setting it to
that garbage deliberately or if it's just random memory bytes.  But
that's very not allowed.  If they don't want to use a valid timestamp
then it *has* to be zero.  That's why the window isn't being
activated.  It's saying you clicked the icon a few days ago, and
you've focused other things in the meantime.  Fun.