[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.990 (3.4 preview release)

Keith W n4phth4 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:46:36 EDT 2007

On 5/21/07, Lucas Hazel <lucas at die.net.au> wrote:
[snip]
> I didn't notice that one (as I tend not to minimise windows), but you're
> right. I suspect it's another conflict with libwnck as minimised
> windows can be restored from the pinboard.
>
> Very strange how it's only affecting GTK apps...
>
> --
> Lucas Hazel <lucas at die.net.au>

Very strange indeed.  But I've made progress, though it still makes
zero sense to me. :)

I copied the rc.xml to my ~/.config/openbox/ and started changing
suspicious options one by one.  (Dana, FYI it looks like there's a
stray closing comment marker just before the end of the stock rc.xml
in 3.3.991).  The culprit is the AnimateIconify option.  When set to
yes (the default) we get this weird-ass libwnck/pager/taskbar
behavior.  When set to no, the pager/taskbar behave as they should.
weird?  Yes.

Some other minor issues I'm trying and failing to pinpoint:
- gkrellm's config options to ignore pager and taskbar are ignored.  I
bet other apps with similar options behave the same.  However, it will
ignore pager and taskbar if an appropriate <application> section is
configured in rc.xml
- When un-minimizing a window via a ROX-Filer pinboard icon the window
is not focused; maybe this is an old behavior since I don't often use
the pinboard and my brain's memory cache is about 8kB...
- Various other focus quirks probably the result of new options I
haven't figured out yet...