[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.990 (3.4 preview release)

Lucas Hazel lucas at die.net.au
Mon May 21 17:52:21 EDT 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:07:41 -0400
"Keith W" <n4phth4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/21/07, Keith W <n4phth4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hi Lucas,
> > >
> > > My quck guess would be that libwnck is saying that because of this
> > > window property having values it doesn't know about:
> > >
> > > _NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS(ATOM) = _NET_WM_ACTION_CHANGE_DESKTOP,
> > > _NET_WM_ACTION_SHADE, _NET_WM_ACTION_CLOSE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MOVE,
> > > _NET_WM_ACTION_MINIMIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE,
> > > _NET_WM_ACTION_FULLSCREEN, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_HORZ,
> > > _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_VERT, _NET_WM_ACTION_ABOVE,
> > > _NET_WM_ACTION_BELOW, _OB_WM_ACTION_UNDECORATE
> > >
> > > _NET_WM_ACTION_ABOVE, _NET_WM_ACTION_BELOW are new actions that
> > > have been approved on the NETWM mailing list, but haven't made it
> > > into the specification yet.
> > > _OB_WM_ACTION_UNDECORATE is our own thing. :)
> >
> [...]
>
> Perhaps there should be a new thread but I just noticed some oddball
> behavior with this 3.3.990 openbox (in stock confguration) and
> libwnck-based pagers/tasktray and GTK+2 apps (vim, gaim, firefox,
> VMware, ROX-Filer, whatever... but not xmms or xterm):
>
> The easiest way to reproduce this is to open just one GTK+2 app (e.g.
> Firefox) on a desktop then minimize it and observe your libwnck pager
> and tasktray (in my case, ROX-Pager and ROX-TaskTray).  Neither the
> pager or the tasktray are updated to show the minimized state (well,
> the Pager will, when the mouse goes over it).  Left-clicking the
> TaskTray icon doesn't un-minimize the window either; it has to be
> alt-tabbed to or rick-click the TaskTray icon and select "show".
>
> Gkrellm's "do not include on a taskbar" and "do not include on a
> pager" options are not honored, either.
>
> This behavior didn't occur w/ openbox 3.3.1, and considering the
> amount of code changed in this latest openbox version (which is
> awesome, regardless!), I suspect something awry there...

I didn't notice that one (as I tend not to minimise windows), but you're
right. I suspect it's another conflict with libwnck as minimised
windows can be restored from the pinboard.

Very strange how it's only affecting GTK apps...

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at die.net.au>

"Clothes make the man. Naked men are rarely taken
seriously, or given employment." (Mark Twain)