gDesklets not working right with 3.4

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Jun 28 05:18:21 EDT 2007

   I'm not entirely certain what's going on here;  essentially, I run
gDesklets on both my home (FC6) & work (F7) boxes, and am now running ob 3.4
on both.  I noticed that the gd applets weren't stuck to the desktop any
more (in that standard window raise/lower was letting them appear above
'normal' windows).

   Now, while I would *swear* that everything was fine with 3.3, I can't
quite see how it's ob's fault, as xprop tells me that the gd windows aren't
setting _NET_WM_STATE_BELOW, and I no longer have 3.3 to prove it.

   For now, I've set up a devilspie rule† to lower gdesklets windows, and
that does the trick [although the gdesklets <S-F12> raise-lower doesn't work].

   I just was wondering whether anyone else had seen this, or maybe knew why
3.4 may have somehow triggered this?

† - should I have been able to do this with ob's <application> directive?
It doesn't look like it.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature