Focus stealing/assigning issues (was Re: [openbox] Issues with Openbox 3.4)

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 21 13:59:31 EDT 2007

On 6/10/07, Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
> Bottom line is.. Tilda will get focus in the next release, and old/bad
> applications can easily steal focus away while you are typing.  I hate
> this, but yeah, I don't know what else to do.

I use Gaim's message notification plugin to raise conversation windows
on new messages.  With OB 3.3 this would just raise the window to the
top, but with OB 3.4.2 now also leads to the focus being switched to
the window.  I assume this change is responsible for the new
behaviour?  Is there any way to disable it?

(I haven't yet updated to pidgin; perhaps the problem is solved there)

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli