[openbox] [incompatibility] Game OpenGL window hangs with certain focus switches

Bernhard Stoeckner elven at swordcoast.net
Tue Jun 12 03:54:20 EDT 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007, Dana Jansens wrote:
> Can you try remove the mouse bindings for the "Client" context in your
> rc.xml, and see if that affects anything?

Same problem, does not work.

Behaviour seems to be erratic. Sometimes, while poking around in my mail
client, the game window locks up. If I switch (moving the mouse over the game
window on the middle screen, temporarily focusing it) to a console on the
right screen and type something there, the window de-locks.
It seems to be some issue with focusing. Weird.

Another observation:
If the window is in deadlock and I move *another* window (one next to it in
the focus stack?) the game displays the same behaviour as if i'd move its own
window: Drawing action while it is moving, and locking up again as soon as
the window rests. Sometimes, this "fixes" the window, mostly it does not.