[openbox] Using Next/PreviousWindow with client-list-combined-menu

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Mon Jun 11 04:08:34 EDT 2007

clay.barnes at gmail.com said:
> Though their motivation was something I disagree on, Apple came up
> with the best solution I've seen for this scenario with Exposé "show
> all windows." (They base their work on the theory that window

Exposé is great.  The first time I used it on a friend's Mac I was
really impressed.  If there was some way to have this feature
in OpenBox, possibly via offloading the functionality into a separate
process as Clay suggests, that would be great.

> I know I've added a real laundry list of desired features, but as
> chroot is still new, I fear some tweaking in how it works is
> inevitable.
>

> Does anyone have comments or suggestions?

For chroot, I'd still like to see a passthrough = "no" option for
disabling passing keys that are not bound in the chroot to the client.

This fits in with using the vi modal metaphor to manage Windows.  W-m
triggers "Move mode", in which I want "hjkl" to work w/o having to keep
the modifier depressed, but I don't want any other keys hit by accident
to get passed to the client.

-mato