[openbox] Using Next/PreviousWindow with client-list-combined-menu

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Fri Jun 8 02:49:07 EDT 2007

* Clay Barnes

> I year or two ago I argued against window tabs (I'm sure it's in the
> archives) but I'm curious whether you think this would alleviate your
> issues.

   I'm not sure, never tried that so I don't really know how I would
  function in such an environment.  But I'm not looking to change the way
  I work (if I were I'd look into wmii too, that label concept seems
  quite interesting), but rather to optimize two different actions into
  one.

> Though their motivation was something I disagree on, Apple came up
> with the best solution I've seen for this scenario with Exposé "show
> all windows."

   I've seen this, it looks quite nice.  If coupled with directional
  focus it could easily replace my usage of client-list-combined-menu.
  But I believe you need a compositing window manager to do that, which
  is why Beryl and/or Compiz are the only ones implementing equivalent
  features.  (I could be wrong...)

Regards
--
Tore Anderson