[openbox] Using Next/PreviousWindow with client-list-combined-menu

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Thu Jun 7 06:44:22 EDT 2007

* Kacper Wysocki

> I second that notion. ob 3.4 improves on the old window-switching
> dialog by providing a (windows-like) list of app icons, but the
> window titles in client-list-combined-menu make things far easier.
>
> Tore, if you have an rc.xml that achieves this to satisfaction, could
> you please post it?

   I don't, if I had I'd probably not post here about it.  :-)

   It's easy enough to change the keybinding to show the menu, but as I
  pointed out the next (or previous) window is not preselected, and
  simply releasing the key binding does not do anything, as opposed to
  Next/PreviousWindow.  And the wireframe of the selected window isn't
  shown.  So although it's still useful for cluttered desktops, it can't
  be used for repetitive quick focus swapping between two windows like
  Next/PreviousWindow can.

Regards
--
Tore Anderson