[openbox] client-list-combined-menu per xinerama head

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Thu Jul 26 04:57:55 EDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Bernhard Stöckner <elven at swordcoast.net> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Bernhard Stöckner wrote:
> > > Currently, client-list-combined-menu shows windows sorted by virtual
> > > desktop, which is fine.
> > >
> > > What about listing them per virtual head as well? Im working mostly with
> > > multihead-setups, and the more heads, the more windows pile up. Finding [snip]
> > Didnt this make it to the list, or does noone understand what I am talking
> > about, or ..? :) Its unusual for this list to not to receive any feedback at
> > all to a posting, thats why Im asking.
>
> Heh, I starred it, but I just hadn't gotten back to it yet.  There's
> some good ideas there, but I'm just not sure how to best do it.  I'm
> considering it in regards to some new window selection action(s).

Being an openbox+xinerama user for years, I am a big fan of this idea
(that and the client-list-combined == alt-tab menu suggestion). I like
where openbox development is going. Dana sure has gotten things to
move forward. If there's a nice and lightweight way of figuring out
which window is on which head, this feature would kick ass!

0K
--
http://kacper.doesntexist.org
http://windows.dontexist.net