[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.4.3 and ObConf 2.0.2 ... however ...

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 24 16:16:37 EDT 2007

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:32:37 +0100
Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:37:51 -0400
> "Dana Jansens" <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
>
> > Introducing the one and only fantabulous Openbox 3.4.3!
>
> Just to confirm this compiles and installs without problems on debian
> etch (64bit)
>
> My existing configuration seems to be untouched.
>
> Very nice work guys :)

I find the action of dragging a window across desktops a bit strange.
It is easy to not realise you have actually shifted to a new one as the
window you are dragging stays in the same relative position.

All the ones I've seen before (including the old version for openbox)
give the illusion of sliding from one desktop to the next so if you
drag to the right (say) when the switch is made you are coming in from
the left. This is the action I would prefer. I wonder what others think.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk