[openbox] svn on 64bit sempron

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sun Jul 15 16:05:45 EDT 2007

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:11:35 +0200 (CEST)
Mikael Magnusson <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, Folderol wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I tried installing the svn version of openbox (downloaded yesterday). It
> > seemed to compile OK and I switched to sawfish while actually
> > installing it. When switching to openbox I found that on the title bar
> > only the close icon worked.
> >
> > Thinking there might be a conflict with an older version of the
> > userspace rc.xml I switched back to sawfish, moved this file and
> > switched to openbox again, but it made no difference.
> >
> > Restoring the system to V 3.4.2 everything works again.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?
> >
> > I'm running in ROX desktop on debian etch (64bit)
>
> If you run from svn, you want branches/3.4-working, if you use trunk your
> config file will have to be rewritten a bit. (and probably will a few more
> times :).
>
> --
> Mikael Magnusson

OK Thanks - got that OK.

Thanks also to Dana.

Is there any sort of timescale for getting this stable?

Is there anyway I could help? (not much of a programmer but willing to
try). Do you have a target of where you hope 'config' will end up?

I know that the guys at ROX are looking for a new default WM and are
interested in openbox as a possibility. It fits very well with the ROX
philosophy of small and light.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk