Git

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Mon Aug 20 11:25:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

This is just a brief note to let everyone know that we have now
officially moved from using Subversion to Git for the Openbox project,
as well as ObConf.

Our hosting has made the switch for us so everyone can now access our
public git repositories. I've updated the download page -
http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Openbox:Download - to point to
the Git repositories instead of the Subversion repositories (and for
ObConf as well).

The Subversion repositories have also disappeared.  We haven't been
using them for a while anyhow, but that's why they are gone if you are
wondering.

Apologies if you are new to Git and liked tracking Openbox with
Subversion.  There are many utilities and front-ends around for Git
that you may want to explore.  As well, the Git documentation is quite
good.  We won't be holding Git tutorials unfortunately, but I don't
think it's as hard to use as people make it out to be.

Cheers,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Openbox Team