[openbox] Actions: Move

Josh Glover jmglov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 05:47:20 EDT 2007

On 15/08/07, Marc Schuba <marc.schuba at gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm talking about this action [1]. A friend of mine asked
> whether it is possible to map the arrow keys for moving
> the window to some other keys i.e. hjkl for vim-style behavior.

That would be cool. If your friend is using a laptop, he may enjoy the
fact that he can move windows about with the trackpad in interactive
move mode. I just discovered this a few days ago (when I upgraded from
Openbox 3 to 4, I bet that behaviour is new in 4) and love it.

Otherwise, your friend should probably just define a chain based on
his interactive move keybinding that uses the MoveRelative action to
nudge the window. Let me know if you need an example of this (I'll
have to read the docs for five minutes, and my wife is calling me to
supper just now). :)

--
Cheers,
Josh