[openbox] openbox/rox scrollwheel desktop skipping

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Mon Aug 6 13:38:18 EDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Kacper Wysocki <kacperw at online.no> wrote:
> On 8/6/07, Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

> > > My options are the same, and I also didn't have this problem with
> > > earlier OB3.4's. Could you try openbox 3.4.4?
> >
> > Just to add a little information to the clutter..
> >
> > The reason this is happening, I guess, is because ROX pinboard is
> > "replaying" the mouse button event, causing it to get sent to Openbox
> > twice somehow.  You don't have these bindings in both your "desktop"
> > and your "root" contexts, do you?
>
> Nope, or rather - I didn't until Michael mentioned the root context.
> However, I just tried ob3.4.4 on my work computer and the problem
> doesn't occur here, I'll check what's different.

Ah.. when he suggesting putting it in the "root" context, he also
meant removing it from the "desktop" context.  if they replay the
event to the root window, then Openbox will get it twice in the
"desktop" context but only once in the "root" context.

That said, it'd be good if you could figure out why your work one
isn't getting the event thrown around by ROX in the same way.