[openbox] fbpanel not showing windows on other desktops

John Eikenberry jae at zhar.net
Sun Aug 5 19:50:32 EDT 2007

Myles Green wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 00:51:40 +0200
> Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not going unstable over a panel, so I guess this is the end of
> > this :-(
>
> Can't you just grab the sources from unstable and rebuild them on
> stable (etch)?

Quick directions on doing this...

Go here.
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/fbpanel
Download the 3 files of the package into a common directory;
fbpanel_4.12-1.dsc
fbpanel_4.12.orig.tar.gz
fbpanel_4.12-1.diff.gz

Run this command in that directory.
dpkg-source -x fbpanel_4.12-1.dsc

This unpacks the tar.gz and applies the patches.

cd into the directory and issue this command.

fakeroot ./debian/rules binary

This should produce the .deb package.

Then 'dpkg -i [package name].deb' to install.

You'll need the various dev packages and fakeroot of course.

--

John Eikenberry
[jae at zhar.net - http://zhar.net]