Key bindings.

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Sun Aug 5 11:06:22 EDT 2007

On 8/5/07, Kacper Wysocki <kacperw at online.no> wrote:
> On 8/5/07, Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
> > Openbox 3.4.4 is ready for action.
>
> Excellent! I quickly tried out the new window-switching dialog,
> grow-to-edge-shrinking and focus prevention, and in my excitement I
> redid my rc.xml file. I'll post it here in case anyone's interested.
> The config includes all the coolness I've been able to think of and
> find that's possible with openbox:
>  * focus follows mouse essentials
>  * never raise a window unless explicitly asked to
>  * Ctrl-Alt-A raises/lowers window - I use this key combo *a lot*
>  * some execute actions - ctrl-alt-T for aterm, etc
>  * window resize/move with Win+arrows and Alt+arrows
>
> What makes this config interesting is I've included Clay's awesome
> numeric pad window movement bindings from
> http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Help:ClaysViStyleSpatial
> as well as the irssi-style window raise from
> http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Help:IrssiStyleFocus (you'll need
> the irssi-focus program from that page)
>
> Being able to use the GUI perfectly with the keyboard is fantastic.
> The config also works fine with focus-follows-mouse disabled, for
> those who are creeped out by that.
>
> If there's any particular openbox config setup that makes *your* day
> easier I'd love to see it.
>
> Planned:
>  chrooting/chaining Clay's bindings so you can go into a "manage mah
> windows" chroot.

Since last night I discovered that some of the bindings in Clay's
setup needed updating -
MoveToEdgeNorthWest, ResizeRelativeHoriz and similar actions have been
replaced.
Here's a new config file with the necessary changes.

Now to figure out why I'm missing KP_Decimal...

_K

--
http://kacper.doesntexist.org
http://windows.dontexist.net