openbox/rox scrollwheel desktop skipping

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Sun Aug 5 10:10:57 EDT 2007

Hi rox & openbox folks...
On 7/21/07, Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:43:44 -0400
> "Jose Silva" <jfonsos at cantv.net> wrote:
[..]
> > using the mouse wheel, it changes between desktop 0 and desktop 2, I mean,
> > skipping one desktop all the time.
> > is is possible to change that?
[..]
> For the scroll problem go a lot further down to <context name="Desktop">
> and change the entries:
>
> <mousebind button="Up" action="Press">
> <mousebind button="Down" action="Press">
>
> to:
>
> <mousebind button="Up" action="Click">
> <mousebind button="Down" action="Click">

This no longer works (ob 3.4.4), ie mouse scrolling skips a desktop
regardless of whether the action is "Click" or "Press".  Why is this
even happening? Is there some kind of interaction between rox and
openbox button grabs? Checking xev I get exactly one ButtonPress and
one ButtonRelease event when I pull the scroll wheel up or down.
So, rox+openbox, the following under the Desktop context:
      <mousebind button="Up" action="Click">
        <action name="DesktopPrevious"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Down" action="Click">
        <action name="DesktopNext"/>
      </mousebind>
scrollwheel up one shifts desktop 1 to destkop 3.

-K
--
http://kacper.doesntexist.org
http://windows.dontexist.net