A problem with gucharmap or with openbox ?

Rafał Mużyło merlin at ds2.uw.edu.pl
Sat Apr 28 10:02:53 EDT 2007

Some time ago (over six months) I started to have a strange problem with
gucharmap, however it could actually be a problem with openbox.
I posted this problem to gnome bugzilla, but they still leave it as
unconfirmed (it's #396243).
The problem is: when when you press and hold either right mouse button
or shift key on a displayed character, a small window containing that
character should appear AND stay there as long as you hold that
button/key. However, for me that window just appears and disappears
almost instantly. I tried to find the problem and learned following:
they create that window with
gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
and follow it with
gtk_window_set_type_hint (GTK_WINDOW (chartable->zoom_window),
			  GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_UTILITY);
The window is then destroyed by calling
destroy_zoom_window(GucharmapTable *chartable)
invoked by gucharmap_table_zoom_disable (chartable);
invoked by focus_out_event (GtkWidget *widget,GdkEventFocus
*event,GucharmapTable *chartable)
(everything in gucharmap/gucharmap-table.c)

If that window is created with gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_POPUP)
instead, everything works fine.
So, do any of you have an idea is this a problem of my configuration,
gucharmap or openbox ?
Attaching my rc.xml, if the list rejects it, I can mail the little
changes I made to the standard config.